Scientific Application of Mobility Training Seminar
Scientific Application of Mobility Training
When: July 23rd, 2022
Where: The Bar Strength & Conditioning;
#147 3231 No6 Road Richmond, BC
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm pst
- Differentiation of tissue responses to common mobility modalities
- Individual anatomic variations and assessments, changes in adaptation over aging
- Neurovascular responses to force applications in mobility training scenarios
- Research-based best practices to see specific mobility improvements depending on affected tissues
- Application of mobility methods (practical section)
Mobility is a key phrase used in many strength and conditioning, as well as rehabilitation settings. With this, the application of mobility training is typically not backed by the current body of research, nor is it highly specific to the needs of the individual in terms of whether it’s a structural, neural, or mechanical limitation that they’re approaching.
Each type tissue responds to different types of mobility training.
This course outlines the current research in mobility training, how it’s application is best utilized, and breaks down how to specify the most appropriate modalities to get the fastest specific results possible.
Practical/Hands-on learning: 50%
- Understand the needs of each client or patient you see, plus direct ways to address their specific concerns regarding mobility training
- Identifying specific limitations to mobility, and how they may be affecting the goals of the individual you’re working with.
- Appropriate use of tools such as long-hold static stretches, contract/relax modalities, eccentric overloads, loaded end ranges, and positional isometrics
- Effectively coach different modalities mentioned above for improvement of shoulder and hip function, specifically
- Programming considerations for mobility, including when to move on from mobility training to more advanced modalities in strength & conditioning, plus when to return focus back to mobility training within a training calendar.
Continuing Education Credits
Scientific Application of Mobility Training is approved by the NSCA for 0.7 CEUs or 7 contact hours. Certification from the workshop can be used to petition for credit through other nationally and internationally recognized certification bodies.
Cost is $249 Canadian plus gst. Registration can be completed by clicking the button below. You will be contacted by email to confirm details of registration and provide info about the course, so please include an accurate and up to date email address. Space is limited to 50 participants, so please register soon to reserve your spot.
Refunds will only be granted for the following situations:
- Failure of the host to attend the event
- Failure of the facility to be operational at the time of the event. This would include maintenance or utility issues (heat, power), local government restrictions, or other factors that would prevent successful operation during the event
Outside of these circumstances, refunds will not be provided. A space at a live event can be gifted to another individual, assuming they meet the above mentioned vaccination requirements